Wow! First the Liebster Award and now this! Mike over at MikesFilmTalk has kindly nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. For those of you who aren’t familiar with his site, Mike is a prolific blogger not only about film (ranging from the mainstream to the delightfully obscure), but also about a diverse range of other topics whenever he has something interesting and insightful to say (which is often). He’s also still riding the wave of having his post on urban exploration chosen as a Freshly Pressed selection (for those of you not on WordPress, this is kind of a big deal – each day about twenty posts (out of the 1,000,000 plus that go up) that are deemed outstanding by WordPress editors get featured on Freshly Pressed) If you haven’t checked out his site, you should. Do it now. It’s okay, I’ll wait.
Welcome back! Again, the Beautiful Blogger Award is a great way to create some buzz around our favourite sites within the blogging community. I’m ever so grateful for being included in this process, both now and a few weeks ago with the Liebster award. As a beginning blogger, this was invaluable for expanding my readership – my daily views and followers doubled as a result of that post. While I try not to get too invested in the “numbers”, I confess it is somewhat validating to know that people are reading and liking. The blog award cycle has also introduced me to some new sites that I very much enjoy, which really seems to be the whole point.
Again, there are rules. I am going to cheat a little bit this time around, though. Keep reading and I’ll tell you how and why.
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post – Check. No cheats needed.
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog – Check. Unreservedly and without hesitation.
- List seven interesting things about yourself – I think I thoroughly covered this with the Liebster award post a few weeks back where I listed 11 things about me. There’s really only so much to know in that regard. So for this step, I’m cheating a little and refer you back to “You Like Me, You Really Like Me”.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award – this step required a little bit of tweaking. I’ll do my best, with some disclaimers. My two months as a blogger have led me to discover all kinds of interesting and enjoyable blogs with interesting and enjoyable people attached to them. For the Beautiful Blogger award, I decided to choose sites I have recently discovered and/or who I neglected to nominate for the Liebster a few weeks ago (so to my “regulars”, no offense intended – just trying to spread the love around). Again, from my Liebster experience, it seemed like the “chain letter” nature of this process can be off-putting for some and I’ve tried to respect folks who state on their site that they’re not into these types of nominations. So, that leaves me with six additional sites that I thoroughly enjoy (above and beyond those I included in the Liebster post who would also qualify as Beautiful Bloggers). Most of these folks follow me back, so I’m going to forgo the notifications – hopefully all will read this and see their names listed here. I encourage everyone to visit them and invite the authors of said sites to accept their title of “Beautiful Blogger” and participate (or not) as they see fit. The nominees (in no particular order):
- Marney at The Volunteer Fringe combines inspiring tales of her experiences volunteering and traveling all over the world with stunning photographs and connections to relevant books and films. She’s already been tagged a Beautiful Blogger, and if you visit her site you’ll immediately see why.
- Mistylayne at Cinema Schminema is pretty awesome – she loves movies – the darker and more intense the better.
- Theadora at People, Places and Bling! has one of the most visually engaging sites I’ve seen. If you have ever gone or will ever go to Paris (that should include everyone), you need to check out her Parisian shopping tips and style blog.
- Garrett at Cinema Train has a great interactive site that features a lot of independent, foreign, and classic films. A must-read!
- Claratsi of ClaratsiMovieBlog writes timely and succinct reviews across a wide range of genres. Want to know what to see? Claratsi’s covered it.
- Today I Watched a Movie features a movie a day, which is reviewed according to a very clever and unique rating system. This site includes new releases as well as older films, so check out how your favourites measure up!
Thanks again to Mike for all the support and also to my other regular readers, followers, and commenters. Hope you continue to enjoy Popcorn Dinner!